- 2017 Performer at Tiny Lights Festival, Ymir, BC
- 2017 Performer at Sunshine Festival, Powell River, BC
- 11 date tour across AB and BC in 2017, 12 date tour across AB and SK in 2016
- Participant in the inaugural Singer-Songwriter Residency at The Banff Centre for the Arts
- Debut album "Some Curious Birds" selected as an essential album of 2016 by CKUA's David Ward
- Charted in the top 20 on CiTR, CJRU, CKDU, CFBX
- "Come Back Home" featured on CBC's The Sunday Edition
- "Come Back Home" performed by choirs in Vancouver and Roberts Creek
Steeped in folk, roots, and country sensibilities, Danielle Knibbe's songs win, and then all too often break your heart. Drawn from keen observation, they tell stories of the shimmer of new love, the angst of fading love, insecurity, loss, and hope. Her stories may not be about you, but you'll think they are.
Her debut CD, Some Curious Birds (2016), has garnered CBC attention, regionally and nationally. CKUA’s David Ward selected it as an ‘Essential Album of 2016’, and it charted in the top 20 on CiTR, CJRU, CKDU and CFBX. The summer of 2017 saw Danielle performing at BC’s Tiny Lights and Sunshine Festivals, and on two Western Canada tours alongside her musical collaborators Bryn Besse, guitar, and Connor Walsh, bass. This group — three part harmonies, two guitars, upright bass — produces a clean, cohesive, and evocative sound that captures the lyrical depth and melodic sensitivity of Danielle’s songs.
It’s these songs that are the true force of Danielle Knibbe's work. In March of 2017, she was selected by Kevin Welch to participate in the Banff Centre's inaugural Singer-Songwriter Residency, where she was mentored by Nashville heavyweights Matraca Berg, Don Henry, Kim Richey, and Jeff Hanna, and recorded with Fats Kaplin and producer Howard Bilerman. Her work has been featured in Fringe productions at the Edmonton, Toronto, and Hamilton Fringe festivals. Furthermore, the harmonic power and Canadiana imagery of her a cappella piece ‘Come Back Home’ have caught the attention of several Canadian choirs who have incorporated it into their repertoire.
Danielle, alongside her bandmates, is in the process of writing and recording her sophomore
album due for release in the fall of 2018.
Quotes & Press
"Whoa. Have we discovered the female John K Samson of the Weakerthans?" - Grant Lawrence, CBC Radio 3
"Danielle Knibbe is one of the finest singers I have worked with and a truly gifted songwriter." - Allan Gilliland, Music Department Chair, Grant MacEwan University
"I received many compliments from music lovers about her crafted music, smart songwriting and beautiful vocal harmonies. She is part of a group of emerging artists whose wise songwriting seems beyond their youth." - Robert Mack, Artistic Director, Sunshine Festival
“Danielle Knibbe brings a fresh approach to acoustic Folk music. Her arrangements are clever and intriguing, focusing on harmonies and syncopation, and her lyrics are not just rhyming words, they are real song writing. She is definitely a contender.” - Harold Wollin, The Blue Chair Cafe
- Some Curious Birds (2016) by Danielle Knibbe. Lead vocalist, songwriter, producer, guitarist.
- Every Last Wish (2013) by Danielle Knibbe. Lead vocalist, songwriter, producer, guitarist.
- Alright, here goes... (2012) by Marilla. Lead vocalist, songwriter, guitarist.
- All I Am (2017) by Belinda Corpuz. Backing vocalist
- Lilac (2016) by Austin John. Guest vocalist.
- Selfish Love Songs (2016) by Greg McEvoy. Backing vocalist.
- Facts & Figures (2014) by The Marwills. Backing vocalist.
- Marwill St. (2012) by The Marwills. Backing vocalist.