- Nominated by CKUA's David Ward as an Essential Album of 2016
- Charted in the top 20 on CiTR, CJRU, CKDU, and CFBX 92.5
- Some Curious Birds (2016) by Danielle Knibbe. Lead vocalist, songwriter, producer, guitarist.
- Every Last Wish (2013) by Danielle Knibbe. Lead vocalist, songwriter, producer, guitarist.
- Alright, here goes... (2012) by Marilla. Lead vocalist, songwriter, guitarist.
- Lilac (2016) by Austin John. Guest vocalist.
- Selfish Love Songs (2016) by Greg McEvoy. Backing vocalist.
- Facts & Figures (2014) by The Marwills. Backing vocalist.
- Marwill St. (2012) by The Marwills. Backing vocalist.
Combining bittersweet vocals, aching lyrics, and indelible melodies, Danielle Knibbe's songs win, and then all too often, break your heart. Blending folk, roots, and country sensibilities, there's an intimacy and familiarity to her music; her stories may not be about you, but you'll think they are.
Be careful what you say around Danielle Knibbe. She's an inveterate eavesdropper and your life story could end up in one of her songs. Her debut release, Some Curious Birds (June 2016), is full of examples of that prowess – arguments on city streets, awkward conversations over coffee, and painful goodbyes at the bus stop. Throughout the album she is supported by her frequent collaborators and live band, Connor Walsh and Bryn Besse. With three part harmony, two guitars, and upright bass, their live sound is reflected on this album, while fiddle, drums, and keys join in on some of the tracks.
Currently located in Toronto, Danielle and her band were raised on the prairies, and after a sold-out Toronto release, she returned to Edmonton to release the album and complete a two week tour across Alberta and Saskatchewan. The album has received CBC attention on local and national programs, and has been played on college radio across the country as well.
Some Curious Birds is a follow up to Danielle Knibbe's 2013 EP Every Last Wish. A graduate of MacEwan University's composition and recording programs, she composed the music & lyrics for the 2012 Edmonton Fringe play "Middleton: A Folk Musical", and her songs have been performed and recorded by The Dungarees and Mary Stewart.
Danielle Knibbe and her trio have been performing over the last three years at The Dakota Tavern, Lee's Palace, The Cameron House, and Burdock Music Hall, and have opened for artists Colleen Brown, Del Barber, and Meaghan Smith. She also performs and records with James Burrows, Greg McEvoy, The Marwills, Rachael Cardiello, and The Wind and The Water.